Monday, October 4, 2010

Captain Nemo

As I said last week, this is a busy time of year for me. I'm much like Captain Nemo going down in the submarine- I'll surface from time-to-time, but my appearances won't be all that common.

On Saturday, I left the house at 7:45 AM, and drove to 238th St and Broadway in the Bronx to catch the subway to Manhattan for my volunteer gig. The 1 Train was not running from 168th St uptown, so I had to take a shuttle bus to 207th and catch the A Train. I spent the morning and the early afternoon teaching (we're not so much teachers as fighters, and what we teach is how to fight), then reversed the process. I then drove to the job (this is a busy, busy time of year), and ended up dragging my ass home around 1:30 AM Sunday.

Yeah, this time of year, I joke to my upstairs neighbor that I am the ghost who haunts the downstairs apartment. I'll try to post on a semi-regular basis, but the posts will be most likely be pretty short, perfunctory even.

8 comments:

Vonnie said...

short, ok. perfunctory, ok. Just be entertaining and funny.
You know, your usual self.....

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

What's in a Nemo?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I've been posting a lot, but it's not like I didn't have work to do.

It's that I don't like that work...so I'm spending some extra time to maybe change it. (The work, that is, not my feelings about it.)
~

Smut Clyde said...

Captain Nemo going down in the submarine

Needs moar Filthbot.

Vonnie said...

agreed SC

Hamish Mack said...

Having never heard of the Horslips before, one is prompted to ask, did they sue Jethro Tull?

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Why would they sue the inventor of the seed drill?

According to the Wikiwakiwoo, 'Tull preceded them by three years. I would chalk this whole "folk metal" trend up to convergent evolution. Not too many ways that flautists or fiddlers can become rawk stars.

I believe that Thin Lizzy was motivated by Horslips' success to record their version of "Whisky in the Jar".

Hamish Mack said...

What is wrong with them? A retroactive case where they sue on the grounds that although Ian Anderson thought it up first he copied them from the past!!!