Thursday, May 24, 2012

Struck by Three Prongs

Every so often, something leaps off the page or screen and hits your eye like a three-pronged fork. Having just read about Mitt Romney's not-very-well-received "three-pronged approach to achieving better educational outcomes for disadvantaged students", I was struck by another recent post about Romney's three-pronged strategy to reduce his "gender gap". Further gazoogling reveals a three pronged approach that would take care of the Jihadists. Another site reveals his "three-pronged characterization of President Obama aimed at sowing serious doubt among Americans about his stewardship of the country". A Latina academic has outlined a possible three-pronged "Latino Action Plan" to make Latino voters not hate his guts.

Three prongs... it's a nice number, low enough so that even Rick Perry couldn't lose count. It's pretty much bullshit, and I'm looking forward to when Mitt finds himself on the receiving end of a three-pronged defeat come November.

It's a perfunctory post, to be sure, but I think I'll tackle the S.E. Cupp/"Hustler" controversy and that will require some time.

UPDATE: I can't help hearing this post title to this tune:


7 comments:

Hamish Mack said...

Does he have a 3 pronged plan for the prong horn antelopes? or would there be a prong deficit?

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I think his 3 pronged pronghorn plan is:

1. Claim to hunt varmints, such as pronghorns.

2. ????????????????

3. PROFIT!!!

Laura said...

I have so many dirty jokes going through my head right now .. (okay, perhaps only 2).
I'm trying to be a better person so .. I'll just keep them to myself. I'm sure you know what they are anyways. ;)

((Hugs))
Laura

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Shot down in flames, he responded.
~

M. Bouffant said...

"Fork in your mind drive you insane!"

It's Neptunian!! Or Poseidonic!

Smut Clyde said...

First known published image of a fork!

Smut Clyde said...

Henry Petrovski "notes that some forks in modern tableware sets have only 3 tines out of a desire to look different or special, even though they aren't as efficient at conveying food as 4-tined forks."

FOUR PRONGS, people.