Sunday, October 5, 2014

Why Did No-one Inform Me of this Dark and Stormy?

I have a friend who is into both "pirate" culture and "cocktail" culture. Needless to say, we have interests in common. In the course of a conversation we had Labor Day weekend, the topic of "Dark and Stormy's came up. Last week, she gave me a pre-mixed Dark and Stormy in a can, put out by the good people at the Gosling's distillery. I had given her a bottle of homemade limoncello last month- I know my target audience, booze enters into our conversations fairly often.

The pre-mixed Dark and Stormy was good... made with actual rum, rather than being a crappy malt beverage like Four Loko or Zima. It was a bit on the sweet side- my commercial ginger beer of choice is Jamaica's D&G. I like my ginger beer spicy. That being said, I would not pass up the cans of this product at the store.

When Christmas rolls around and I make a bunch of sorrel punch (I make sure to add plenty of rum to it when I make it), I'm going to have to give her a bottle.

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Sounds good...but it's no duck and stormy...
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Sounds good...but it's no duck and stormy...

I suppose you could mix it with Cold Duck.