Thursday, May 7, 2015

PUPPIES!!!

I typically have Mondays and Tuesdays off from work, so I decided to take a drive to Connecticut to purchase grain alcohol in order to make a batch of limoncello. The day being Cinco de Mayo, I decided to stop in the village of Port Chester to get lunch from one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. On a whim, I called one of my uncles and asked him if he was interested in a having a couple of tacos for lunch... need you ask what his answer was?

My uncle and his wife own a couple of Irish water spaniels. I'd describe the Irish water spaniel as looking like a chocolate lab with dreadlocks. When I arrived with lunch, I was happy to learn that one of their dogs had given birth to a litter of puppies, one of which was present, along with a half sibling. Get prepared for some serious cuteness overload!




Look at the face on this little guy... isn't he precious?




He's a comical little fellow, don't you just want to scratch his belly?




Longtime readers will know that I am partial to cats, but I have always liked these smart, active dogs.

7 comments:

Vixen Strangely said...

Oh, what clever, clear-eyed little faces they have! They will be Good Doggies for sure.

I'm very partial to dogs. I took a day off work to do some shopping and strolling and pub-hitting, as one does, and one of my fave shops (a little place with crystals, spiritual books, incense and whatnots) hosts customer service dogs. One was a sort of lab/setter girl, a big, kissy sort. There was also a little boy, maybe a poodle-blend but they were both a kind of strawberry blonde--like color-twins. I had to visit with them, pretty much the way I spend time with bookstore cats (because bookstores that have cats are usually the very best kind.) I wonder if stores that have customer service critters on premises know what natural salesentities they have on hand.

All I know is, hanging out with the beasties brings out the best.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

took a day off work to do some shopping and strolling and pub-hitting, as one does

Sounds like a good day!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Cute as all getout, B^4. You could post them in Critters Thursday, someday.
~

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Oops...I meant Saturday.
~

Jim H. said...

How could you not take at least one home?

Me? I have cats & dogs. Not partial to either but to both.

Smut Clyde said...

Someone appears to have shown you a small knitted object and told you that it was a puppy. Gullible BBBB is gullible.

M. Bouffant said...

I dunno about "precious". He looks like he might be about to jump the photog.

Partial to cats myself (urban dweller who's too lazy to walk a dog twice-daily) but that doesn't mean I dislike dogs, just know w/ whom I'm best.