Saturday, June 3, 2017

This Shit Again?

An early June weekend, another series of terrorist attacks on innocent revelers... from the reports, an attack with a motor vehicle followed by a series of stabbings. This shit is getting old- with the Manchester bombing and the New York failed 'suicide by cop' which killed a young woman, the Portland train stabbings and the University of Maryland killing, I am positively furious at all of the assholes on this planet who hold human lives in contempt. It just seems that there is a minority of people who cannot peaceably coexist with others.

I know that the statistics show that violence has been falling precipitously in recent decades, but the litany of recent horrors seems to suggest that an uptick will be inevitable. It's hard to avoid letting cynicism and melancholy take hold of oneself, but my native optimism is being sorely taxed lately.

2 comments:

Smut Clyde said...

I support TAX CUTS for B^4's optimism. Only for the native kind, though. Immigrant optimism must PAY ITS SHARE.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I'm going to build a wall around my optimism.