Sunday, July 30, 2017

Hitting the Road

Late July is a weird time... it feels like the summer is over. Accordingly, on the spur of the moment, I decided that a visit to see my mom and my sister and her brood in Northern Virginia would be in order. My eldest nephew will be returning to college around August 20th, and I would feel like a total slug if I missed seeing him.

I will be hitting the road in the early morning hours, before the morning rush, and aim to drive back straight to work on Wednesday. I haven't been down to Virginia since February, when I helped my mom unpack from her recent move. I am really looking forward to seeing my nephews, they are really great kids.

I will try to put up a post or two in the upcoming days, but I don't anticipate keeping up with the national news, which is a shitstorm... much better to keep up with the family news, which is great.

2 comments:

M. Bouffant said...

Very late July, & feeling the same here. It's cooled a bit ('though SoCal's real heat usually comes in Sep't./Oct.) & the day is already 10 mins. shorter than it was at the solstice. Enjoy while there's still some left!

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Fall is the busy season at work, this is the calm before the storm.